Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are sooo pretty on the table. They're really easy too. If your kids are fussy, these might also be "cute" enough for them to eat on their own because you pipe them into little bite-sized portions.
- 2 3⁄4 cups mashed potatoes, unseasoned
- 2 1⁄3 cups half-and-half (you may use less, depending on how mushy or creamy you want those potatoes to be)
- 2 (40 ounce) canscut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a pot combine the mashed potatoes, half & half, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Cook over low heat 6-8 minutes, stirring until smooth. Stir in parsley; cool slightly. Mash sweet potatoes with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add in remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- If desired, transfer white potato mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; pipe into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish leaving 2 inches between mounds. Repeat for sweet potatoes.
- (If you don't have a pastry bag but have a star tip, use a zip-top baggie; be careful when cutting the hole - don't get it too big!).
- Bake until heated, 30 minutes. If baking ahead, cover with foil and refrigerate.
- To serve, uncover and bake as directed, adding 10-15 minutes.