I just love anything that has the ingredients of a turtle--chocolate, caramel and pecans. So when I was looking through a Taste of Home cookie book and saw this recipe, I had to try it. These do NOT disappoint. Absolutely yummy especially with a good cup of coffee. This will definitely be a repeat recipe in our home! NOTE: I did make extra of the caramel and chocolate drizzles for extra goodness.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 square semisweet chocolate (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the pecans, covering completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake a 350º for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in confectioner's sugar. Immediately drizzle over cookies.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of the caramel on the cookies. Let stand until set.