Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from "Big Snacks, Little Meals by Rose Dunnington. This is one of my kids favorite cookbooks. These potatoes are easy enough for an 11 year old to make as long as you supervise the broiler use.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- Wash, dry and lightly oil the potatoes.
- Cook in microwave on high for 6-9 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool then cut in half lengthwise.
- While potatoes are cooling saute onion in a bit of olive oil.
- Scoop out the potato insides and put in bowl.
- Place empty skins upside down on baking sheet under broiler for about 5 minutes or til crisp.
- Steam or boil the broccoli, drain and put in bowl with potato insides.
- Add the sour cream and onions to the potato-broccoli mixture and mix well add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove potato skins from oven. Turn them right side up and fill them with the mixture.
- Top with the grated cheddar and put back under broiler til cheese melts.
I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, but otherwise followed it right on down (well, except that I substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P) for a nice potato side! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]