Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Amy Hull, Home Instead Senior Care
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- A cube of bread should brown in a 40 count when oil is ready.
- Set out three disposable pie tins.
- Mix flour with paprika, poultry.
- seasoning, cayenne and allspice.
- Divide seasoned flour between two tins.
- Pour buttermilk into a tin.
- Line up tins as such: flour, buttermilk and then flour.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
- Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side,until deep golden brown and firm.
My husband picked out this recipe because he wanted something spicy. So I followed Jeffsmom's advice and added a little extra cayenne (1/2 tsp instead of 1/4). The chicken was delicious with just the right amount of heat. Every piece was eaten. Thanks for the recipe.
One of my favorite fried chicken recipes...saw Rachael Ray make it on her cooking show a while back and have been making it ever since. I always use only chicken tenderloins as I do not care for dark meat and they are yummy!
Next time, I would use a little more cayenne, and cook the pieces 10-12 minutes per side to cook thoroughly.