Recipe by Danny Beason
Amy Hull, Home Instead Senior Care
Top Review by BiiBii
My husband picked out this recipe because he wanted something spicy. So I followed Jeffsmom's advice and added a little extra cayenne (1/2 tsp instead of 1/4). The chicken was delicious with just the right amount of heat. Every piece was eaten. Thanks for the recipe.
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- A cube of bread should brown in a 40 count when oil is ready.
- Set out three disposable pie tins.
- Mix flour with paprika, poultry.
- seasoning, cayenne and allspice.
- Divide seasoned flour between two tins.
- Pour buttermilk into a tin.
- Line up tins as such: flour, buttermilk and then flour.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
- Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side,until deep golden brown and firm.