Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
BHG always sends me recipes and, honestly, vary rarely do I try them. This one caught my eye and I made them for my holiday goodie trays. So easy and a great way to use up excess caramels and the almond bark or chocolates you have. I dipped mine in colored sugar and they were a total beauty and so rich and delicious. Give them a try for any holiday - color the chocolate and use colored sprinkles. I put those fancy cocktail toothpicks in my caramels before dipping. This made them so much easier to dip and serve.
- 396.89 g bag caramels (48 count)
- 453.59 g chocolate-flavored candy coating or 453.59 g vanilla candy coating
- 473.18 ml chopped nuts (or anything you can think of that your can dip these in)
- Unwrap the caramels and place a toothpick in the center of each one.
- Heat candy coating in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly just until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place nuts or brickle pieces in a bowl. Dip one caramel into coating; turn to coat.
- Place dipped caramels in nuts, turning to coat. (Or, dip a caramel halfway into coating. Place dipped caramel into nuts, turning to coat.)
- Transfer caramel to a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining caramels.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until firm. Store tightly covered up to 1 week.