Recipe by Sorrie Lue
These are amazing and look like you spent all day making them. I've seen them for sale for over $15.00 each. But let's face it, I'm cheap, so I came up with an easy way to make them myself. I bring these every year to Thanksgiving, but they are a great treat anytime! Enjoy!
- 4 large tart apples, room tempurature
- 1 (12 ounce) package caramels, wraps
- 1 lb melting chocolate or 1 lb chocolate chips
- 4 candy sticks
- 1 cup candy sprinkles or 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap each apple in two sheets of caramel. (I find these in the produce section of my grocery store.).
- Place a candy stick into each apple.
- Set apples aside on waxed paper sheet from the caramel kit.
- Melt chocolate according to directions.
- Dip apples into the melted chocolate coating completely.
- Let excess chocolate drip off.
- Dip apple into topping of your choice.
- Let cool on the paper sheets from caramel wraps.