Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my wife's favorite. We all know if Mama's happy so is everyone at home!
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon culantro
- 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapenos
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Make the base of the guacamole, grind in a mortar with a pestle the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt until you have a smooth paste. Then add the lime juice, set aside.
- Dice the avocado, cut each in half with a sharp knife, and then twist the two halves to release the pit. Remove the pit. With the avocado in one hand and a butter knife in the other cut a grid pattern in each half of each avocado. Then spoon release the diced avocado into the mortar.
- Stir the avocado into the paste with the lime juice, tomato, cilantro, and onion, trying to keep the guacamole chunky. Taste and add jalapeno, salt and pepper if needed.
I don't believe all the ingredients and how much of each were listed.
This is a great basic, lovely tasting guac....I guessed on the amount of lime juice, (1 teaspoon), cumin, (1 teaspoon), and the tomato, (1 small tomato - chopped) - and salt and pepper to taste, since it is not included in the "ingredients" section. Served on jalapeno chips - and you're right, it was just about "Double Dip'n Guacamole".