Recipe by Jennygal
from 2008 pillsbury bake-off
Top Review by Bobbie
I was just getting ready to post this recpe -- found it in a newspaper a couple weeks ago and just made them this past weekend. WOW!!! The outside is a nice semi-crisp cookie -- but the center is this marvelous creamy filling that is devine!!! I know the next time I make them, I will be doubling the recipe. The only way anyone would be disappointed in these is if you don't like peanut butter or peanuts!!!
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 1⁄2 ounces roll pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, well chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375º. In a small bowl mix peanuts, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape into 24 1" balls.
- Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 pieces. Flatten slightly. Shape 1 piece around 1 ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each ball in peanut mixture, and gently pat onto balls. Place balls 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Spray bottom of drinking glass with nonstick spray and press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball with glass into 1/4" thickness. If any mixture remains press gently into cookies.
- Bake 7-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on rack and then completely on cooling racks.
- Store tightly covered.