Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
When I got tired of the traditional banana pudding, this is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. Cook time is chill time. It's better if you can make it a day ahead of time.
Top Review by sweetbonney
This pie was sensational. It reminds me so much of a banana cream pie that they served in a favorite restaurant that's long since closed. It was so popular that you had to order it with the waitress when u first sat down, u had to reserve a piece,,this reciple tastes identical. A pleasure to serve at my dinner party :)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (9 inch) ready made graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix
- 2 bananas (sliced in 1/4 inch slices,put in lemon juice to keep from browning)
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl on medium speed, mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, and sugar until smooth; gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over pie crust.
- Evenly layer bananas over cream cheese mixture.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of milk into a medium bowl.
- Add pudding mix.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute (mixture will be thick).
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Spread over bananas.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping (if desired).
- Chill for 4 hours or till set.