Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the back of a box of McCormick Spice Company almond extract. If you like almonds, you'll like these cookies. Perfect for tea time!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (NOT imitation)
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together, flour, ground almonds, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Blend in the egg and almond extract. Gradually stir in the flour and almond meal alternately; but do not overmix batter.
- Arrange parchment paper on a baking sheet and drop dough by rounded tablespoon (I butter a cookie scoop) onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Garnish the cookie dough with a few slivered almonds.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until very light golden brown.