Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Can be prepared 2 days ahead; cover and keep refrigerated. This cheesecake is baked with 2 layers. Chill time is not included in times.
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, coarsely broken
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, juices reserved
- 6 ounces good-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- white chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Place cookies in processor and blend until coarse crumbs form.
- Add butter and process until evenly moistened.
- Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake crust 8 minutes; cool on rack.
- Press raspberries and juices through fine strainer into small bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup puree for filling (reserve remaining puree for another use).
- Stir white chocolate in small metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until just melted and smooth; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in flour, then eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in whipping cream and vanilla. Transfer 2 1/4 cups batter to medium bowl; stir in melted white chocolate.
- Stir reserved 1/2 cup raspberry puree and almond extract into remaining batter in large bowl.
- Pour raspberry batter into prepared crust; place springform pan in large roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1 inch up sides of pan.
- Bake until raspberry filling is softly set in center and beginning to puff at edges, about 50 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven; let raspberry layer cool 5 minutes to firm slightly.
- Starting at edge of pan, spoon white chocolate batter in concentric circles onto raspberry layer.
- Smooth top. Bake until white chocolate filling is set in center, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate cake uncovered until cold, at least 4 hours.
- Cut around pan sides with small knife to loosen cheesecake; release sides.
- Garnish cheesecake with white chocolate curls, if desired.
A very nice cheesecake, which is soooooo good, smooth and rich and very very yummy. I used mixed frozen berries, and it turned out fantastic. It didnt get a chance to be kept in the refridgerator with this family!! Thanks for posting Nana Lee, I will be making this one again....!!!