1 hr 30 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
I love this cake so much. A relative gave me this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to slow.
- 2Grease two deep 20cm round cake pans, line base and sides with baking paper.
- 3Combine butter, white chocolate, sugar and milk in medium saucepan, stir over heat, without boiling, until smooth, transfer mixture to large bowl, cool for 15 minutes.
- 4Whisk sifted flours into white chocolate mixture.
- 5Whisk in essence and egg.
- 6Pour half of mixture into one prepared pan.
- 7Whisk sifted cocoa into remaining mixture.
- 8Pour into other prepared pan.
- 9Bake cakes in slow oven about 50 minutes.
- 10Stand cakes 5 minutes, turn top-side, up onto wire rack to cool.
- 11Combine milk chocolate and cream in medium saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth.
- 12Transfer to medium bowl, cover and put in fridge, stirring occasionally, until is of spreading consistency.
- 13Reserve 1 cup of chocolate mixture for spreading over cake.
- 14Split each cooled cake in half.
- 15Centre one layer on serving plate, spread 1/2 cup of remaining milk chocolate mixture, repeat layering, alternating colours.
- 16Cover top and sides of cake with reserved chocolate mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Decker Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.6
- Calories from Fat 471
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 238.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 79.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g