Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this cake so much. A relative gave me this recipe.
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten ligtly
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 600 g milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat oven to slow.
- Grease two deep 20cm round cake pans, line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine butter, white chocolate, sugar and milk in medium saucepan, stir over heat, without boiling, until smooth, transfer mixture to large bowl, cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk sifted flours into white chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in essence and egg.
- Pour half of mixture into one prepared pan.
- Whisk sifted cocoa into remaining mixture.
- Pour into other prepared pan.
- Bake cakes in slow oven about 50 minutes.
- Stand cakes 5 minutes, turn top-side, up onto wire rack to cool.
- Combine milk chocolate and cream in medium saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl, cover and put in fridge, stirring occasionally, until is of spreading consistency.
- Reserve 1 cup of chocolate mixture for spreading over cake.
- Split each cooled cake in half.
- Centre one layer on serving plate, spread 1/2 cup of remaining milk chocolate mixture, repeat layering, alternating colours.
- Cover top and sides of cake with reserved chocolate mixture.