Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking time does not include 4 hour chilling time.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- lemon slice
Tangy Lemon Tart Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 drops liquid yellow food coloring
Lemon Meringue Pie Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unfold and stack piecrusts on a lightly floured surface. Roll into 1 (12-inch) circle. Fit piecrust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish tart or quiche pan (about 1 1/2- to 1 3/4-inches deep). Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Line piecrust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper; bake 12 to 15 more minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Pour Tangy Lemon Tart Filling into piecrust; top with Lemon Meringue Pie Filling. Cover with plastic wrap, placing directly on Lemon Meringue Pie Filling. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Beat cream and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Dollop on top of tart. Garnish, if desired.
- Lemon Meringue Pie Filling:.
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a heavy, nonaluminum, medium saucepan. Whisk together egg yolks, milk, and lemon juice in a bowl; whisk into sugar mixture in pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; stir in butter, lemon rind, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Tangy Lemon Tart Filling:.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a heavy, nonaluminum, medium saucepan; gradually whisk in lemon juice, eggs, and butter. Cook mixture, whisking constantly, over medium-low heat 8 to 12 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, add food coloring, and let stand 10 minutes.