Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Betty Crocker's "4 Ingredient Dinners"
Make and share this Double- Decker Grilled Cheese Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices cheese, cheddar
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- Spread margarine evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 4 slices of bread, buttered sides down, in 12-inch skillet. Top each with 1 slice of Cheddar cheese and 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheese. Top with remaining bread, buttered sides up.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the sandwiches are golden brown; turn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until the bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
This recipe is so simple, very basic but the taste is so yummy. I used butter but directly in the pan cause it was too cold to spread. Thanks for posting this recipe :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Wonderful with chips. As a matter of fact, for years my motto has been, "Walk softly and carry a big bag of chips."
Simple and yummy.. I used old cheddar cheese and jalepeno monterey jack cheese. Thanks for posting!!