Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Adapted from Central Market. Cook time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush the bread slices and onion slices with the olive oil. Place the onions on a hot griddle. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown.
- 2Place 2 tomato slices on each of 2 slices of the bread. Top each with a slice of Gouda cheese.
- 3Place a grilled onion slice on each of 2 more slices of the bread and top each with a slice of Chipotle Cheddar cheese.
- 4Place each stack on a griddle. Cook over medium heat until the cheese begins to melt.
- 5Assemble the sandwiches by inverting the Chipotle Cheddar cheese stack on top of the Gouda cheese stack. Top each with the remaining bread slices.
- 6Place the sandwiches untoasted side down on a griddle. Cook for 3 minutes or until light brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Decker Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: