Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Central Market. Cook time is approximate.
Make and share this Double-Decker Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Brush the bread slices and onion slices with the olive oil. Place the onions on a hot griddle. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Place 2 tomato slices on each of 2 slices of the bread. Top each with a slice of Gouda cheese.
- Place a grilled onion slice on each of 2 more slices of the bread and top each with a slice of Chipotle Cheddar cheese.
- Place each stack on a griddle. Cook over medium heat until the cheese begins to melt.
- Assemble the sandwiches by inverting the Chipotle Cheddar cheese stack on top of the Gouda cheese stack. Top each with the remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches untoasted side down on a griddle. Cook for 3 minutes or until light brown.