Recipe by bert
I make this just about every Christmas and we all love it. Don't wait for a special occasion, however, it can be enjoyed anytime. Use butterscotch chips instead of peanut butter if you like.
Top Review by Darma
I have been making this for several years. I find it easier to make a double batch (by using 2 cups of peanut butter chips and then the other ingredients, place that in a 9X13 pan and then another batch with 2 cups of chocolate chips and place that on the peanut butter fudge.)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups marshmallow creme
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure peanut butter chips into one bowl and choc chips into another; set aside.
- Butter 8" square pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar, marshmallow creme and evap milk and butter in heavy 3-qt saucepan.
- Cook over med.
- heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Immediately stir 1/2 the hot mixture into peanut chips until completely melted.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan.
- Stir remaining hot mixture into chocolate chips until completely melted.
- Quickly spread over top of peanut butter layer; cool until set.
- Cut into 1" squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool dry place.