Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This is a family favorite and a must for the holidays.
Top Review by Sal from Maine
I found this recipe on the back of a bag of Reese's PB Chips back in the 80's. I make it every year, at Thanksgiving & Christmas. It's really foolproof as long as you give the rolling boil time. It makes enough fudge for 2 parties or lots of gifts.
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil.
- Place 1 cup peanut butter chips in medium bowl; set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, blend 1/4 cup melted butter, cocoa and vanilla until smooth; add remaining 1 cup peanut butter chips.
- In a heavy 4 quart saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow cream, evaporated milk and 1/4 cup butter. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Cook and continue stirring 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add half of hot mixture to bowl with peanut butter chips only. Pour remainder into cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
- Beat peanut butter mixture until chips are completely melted, spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens. Spread evenly over top of peanut butter layer.
- Cool; remove from pan. Remove foil; cut into squares. Store in airtight container in a cool dry place.