M & M's make these a fun addition to any children's party but adults will love them as well. For easier slicing, turn cooled brownies upside down on a cutting board. The tops won't crumble when the bars are cut from the bottom.
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml flour, divided
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 celsius).
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Cream together 3/4 cup butter and both sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a seperate medium size bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Divide batter in half.
- Blend together cocoa powder and melted butter; stir into one half of the dough.
- Spread cocoa dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Stir remaining 1/4 flour and 1/2 cup M&M's baking bits into remaining dough; spread evenly over the cocoa dough in the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining M&M's baking bits.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges start to pull away from sides of the pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in tightly covered container.