Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a Family Circle or Woman's Day back in the late '80's. I made it a few times when we would go on picnics. The kids really liked it.
- 1⁄4 lb bologna, minced
- 4 slices process American cheese, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 slices bread
- butter or margarine, softened
- lettuce (optional)
- Mix well bologna, cheese, onion, relish, mayonnaise and salt.
- For each sandwich, spread 2 slices bread with butter, then 1/4 cup meat mixture.
- Butter both sides of another slice of bread.
- Stack with double-buttered bread in middle, adding lettuce.