Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These treats satisfy a craving for sweets and something crunchy at the same time. Kids of all ages. love 'em
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut butter chips (10-oz. pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12-oz. pkg.)
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 12 cups crisp rice cereal, divided
- Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch pan with foil- make sure that the foil extends past the pan Place peanut butter chips, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in second large bowl.
- In large saucepan using medium heat, combine corn syrup and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Divide the mixture in half, and immediately stir it into each bowl the mixture is smooth.
- Immediately stir half of the cereal into each mixture.
- Spread peanut butter mixture into the pan and put the chocolate mixture on top of it and cool completely.
- Cut into bars and remove from the foil.
- Store in a cool, dry place in an air-tight container.