1 hr 15 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Fudgy rich, with a shiny chocolate glaze, this brownie torte will satisfy chocoholics! Originally from a recipe card promotion I received years ago. The torte can be frozen, unglazed, by placing it unwrapped in the freezer. When frozen through, wrap airtight. Unwrap before thawing, then glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the torte
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the glaze
- 1For cake:.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3In a saucepan, heat butter and corn syrup until butter is melted.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips; stir until chips are completely melted.
- 5Add sugar and eggs; stir until well blended.
- 6Stir in vanilla, flour, and nuts; mix until well blended.
- 7Pour batter into pan.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes, until center springs back when touched.
- 9Cool in pan 10 minutes; turn out of pan onto a rack and cool completely.
- 10For Glaze:.
- 11Combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
- 12Stir over low heat until chocolate is completely melted.
- 13Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 14Frost top and sides of torte.
- 15Chill until set. Cut into wedges; garnish with whipped cream, chocolate curls, and a few strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Decadent Brownie Torte
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.2
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g