Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here is the original as found on chefs.com --I modified it by adding some reduced fat sour cream in place of some of the oatmeal (i didn't have enough of the instant oatmeal to make a full 1 cup as called for). They are super-moist and I used Ghirardelli chips so the flavor was excellent. I also used only 1/2 cup butter whereas the original recipe called for 2/3 cup, then I added canola oil to make 2/3 Cup but it still tasted fine. I also added 1/2 cup of dark cocoa to make it even richer. They're slightly chewy although it wasn't chewy as some brownies; it might be chewier if you baked it more than 25 minutes, I don't know.
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to temperature 350°F
- Beat together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- until smooth.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring.
- until smooth, or microwave on high 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30.
- seconds until smooth.
- Add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add flour,.
- oatmeal, baking powder, remaining 2 Tbs. chocolate chips and nuts, mixing well. Spread into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into.