Chef #329119's Note:
Here is the original as found on chefs.com --I modified it by adding some reduced fat sour cream in place of some of the oatmeal (i didn't have enough of the instant oatmeal to make a full 1 cup as called for). They are super-moist and I used Ghirardelli chips so the flavor was excellent. I also used only 1/2 cup butter whereas the original recipe called for 2/3 cup, then I added canola oil to make 2/3 Cup but it still tasted fine. I also added 1/2 cup of dark cocoa to make it even richer. They're slightly chewy although it wasn't chewy as some brownies; it might be chewier if you baked it more than 25 minutes, I don't know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to temperature 350°F
- 2Beat together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- 3until smooth.
- 4Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring.
- 5until smooth, or microwave on high 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30.
- 6seconds until smooth.
- 7Add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- 8Add flour,.
- 9oatmeal, baking powder, remaining 2 Tbs. chocolate chips and nuts, mixing well. Spread into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 10Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan.
- 11Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Decadence Chocolate Chip Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 23.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g