Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe off a box of Amport chopped dates.
Make and share this Double Date Delight Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesamport chopped dates
- Cream butter and both sugars together.
- Then add eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Next, add flour, baking soda and cinnamon and combine into ingredients.
- Finally add quick oats and dates and mix together.
- Use a teaspoon to drop mix onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes at 350 or until golden brown.
I found this one on the back of a bag of Sweet Harvest Chopped Dates, too. I halved this recipe and liked it a lot. The only change I might make is to use dates that don't have sugar added. The dates really bake up lovely, though--these cookies were a pleasant surprise.
What a great cookie!!!!!! So good and chewy and with the dates and oatmeal, you don't feel as guilty eating them. The dates come out so sweet like candy!! Loved them!
Wow, what a cookie, really nice, big, thick, crisp and tender cookie, with nice flavour, great tasting with an excellant texture. I loved the addition of the cinnamon, and the dates were a lovely surprise. Thanks so much for sharing.