Recipe by Recipe Junkie
I got this recipe off a box of Amport chopped dates.
Top Review by Renegade Chef
I found this one on the back of a bag of Sweet Harvest Chopped Dates, too. I halved this recipe and liked it a lot. The only change I might make is to use dates that don't have sugar added. The dates really bake up lovely, though--these cookies were a pleasant surprise.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesamport chopped dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and both sugars together.
- Then add eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Next, add flour, baking soda and cinnamon and combine into ingredients.
- Finally add quick oats and dates and mix together.
- Use a teaspoon to drop mix onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes at 350 or until golden brown.