Recipe by Lainey6605
These scrumptious cookies deliver the combination of flavors of dark-chocolate nut bark. The recipe calls for roughly chopped bar chocolate. If you prefer a less intense dark-chocolate flavor, try slightly less cocoa content. This is for true chocolate lovers only. LOL I got this recipe from a local magazine.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate, minimum 60 percent cocoa content
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut 8-ounce (2 sticks) unsalted butter into pieces and allow to soften.
- In medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- On cutting board, chop 5 1/2 ounces dark chocolate into 1/2-inch chunks; set aside.
- Roughly chop 3/4 cup walnuts and set aside.
- In separate bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter with both sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, to creamed mixture. Beat in 1 t pure vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well with electric mixer after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and walnut pieces using wooden spoon.
- Drop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes on middle oven rack.
- Let cookies cool for several minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack (they will be too soft when first removed from oven).