1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is amazing. Seriously, I am in love with this pie. It is so creamy, chocolatey and for a chocolate pie rather good for you. YUM! The original comes from Kathy's amazing blog (http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/11/double-dark-chocolate-mousse-pie.html), but Ive made some changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 14 dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes (reserve some of their water)
- 8 caramel cookies (lotus brand, speculoos)
- 12 butter cookies
For the Filling
- 32 g cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g extra dark chocolate (make sure it is vegan if that is a concern)
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant mocha-flavored coffee powder (optional, but yummy)
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- dark chocolate shavings
- 1First prepare your crust by pulsing dates, about 1 tbs or so of their soaking water and the cookies in a food processor until nicely combined. You might need to add a tad more water to get it to bind properly.
- 2Press into a lightly oiled or paper-lined standard pie plate.
- 3Next prepare your filling by combining cornstarch, cocoa powder, almond milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in a pot. Bring to a boil stirring often with a wire whisk. Cook until thickened (about 3-5 minutes), then stir in tofu and dark chocolate as well as the almond meal and hot water.
- 4When chocolate has melted, blend until totally smooth (I used an immersion blender).
- 5Stir in mocha powder if using and potato starch.
- 6Pour into your crust and bake in the preheated oven at 350°F/175° C for 30 minutes. Make sure to cover after 14 minutes if getting too dark on top. Let cool at room temperature.
- 7Garnish with chocolate shavings if using.
- 8Chill in the fridge at least 3 hours before serving, but serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Dark Chocolate Mousse Pie (Vegan, Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 167.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 80.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra dark chocolate