Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the kitchen of Michael Symon as presented on Good Morning American.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 4 double-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 4 ears corn, shucked, with silk removed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (leaves only, chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, chopped (green onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Make the pork chops: Combine the sugar, salt and coriander. Rub each of the pork chops on both sides with the mixture, and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat half the grill to high and preheat the other half to low heat.
- Drizzle the chops with olive oil and grill for 3-4 minutes per side over high heat to sear. Once seared, transfer to the cooler part of the grill to finish cooking through, about 10 minutes, or until medium to medium well.
- Make the corn and jalapeno salad: Grill the ears of corn till charred at parts, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the kernels from the ears to a bowl and toss with the lime zest and juice, cilantro, tomatoes, scallions, garlic and jalapeno. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops and topped with salad.