Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious and different way to enjoy pizza.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bulk pork sausage
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cansrefrigerated pizza crusts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesmall pepperoni slices
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick rings, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, if desired (1 medium)
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375. Lightly spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain well on paper towels.
- Unroll 1 can of dough; place in pizza pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan. Layer sausage and pepperoni on dough. With back of spoon, carefully spread 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce evenly over pepperoni. Top with mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and slices of cheese.
- Unroll remaining can of dough on work surface. Starting at center, press out dough into 12-inch round. Fold dough in half; place over cheese and unfold. Press edges to seal. Cut several slits in top crust for steam to escape. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining pizza sauce. Cut pizza into wedges; serve topped with warm pizza sauce.