1/1 Photo of Double Crunch Sandwich Stacks
This sandwich is tasty, healthy, packed w/flavour & crunch & ideal for an elegant light lunch or even a picnic since the egg salad & slaw mixtures are prepared in advance & the sandwiches easy to assemble. My source was the California Egg Commission, but I did amend the recipe slightly, the quantities to allow for fewer servings & the prep to make it clearer. Stated times do not include hard-boiling the eggs or refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Egg Salad
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 3/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup radish, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (low-fat if you prefer)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled (optional)
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 18 slices sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
- 1For Egg Salad: Combine all ingredients & refrigerate at least 2 hrs to allow flavours to blend.
- 2For Coleslaw: Combine all ingredients & refrigerate at least 2 hrs to allow flavours to blend.
- 3Bread Prep: Trim of crusts. For an elegant luncheon presentation, cut sandwich bread in 4 in rounds - or - for just good eating, leave sandwich bread slices square & slice on the diagonal when assembly complete.
- 4Sandwich Assembly: Spread equal amt of coleslaw mixture on 6 sandwich rounds or squares.
- 5Top coleslaw mixture w/a 2nd sandwich round or square.
- 6Spread equal amt of egg salad mixture on 2nd sandwich round or square.
- 7Top w/3rd sandwich round or square & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Crunch Sandwich Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 781.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: