Recipe by QueenJellyBean
I love rhubarb and I found this recipe on the Rhubarb Compendium
Top Review by flower7
Oh my goodness! This stuff should be illegal! 10 stars for sure! LOL I too love rhubarb and the combination with the fruits was awesome! I also loved that this was so simple - the streusel was some of the easiest I've ever made - no cutting in butter to make the crumbs...yay! :) I just wish these fruits were in season all year long so I could make this all the time LOL Thank you so much for the recipe!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup sliced peeled apple
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in butter. Press 1/2 of the mixture into a greased 9" square cake pan.
- In small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in water and rind until smooth.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to med-low and cook 5 min or until thickened and clear, whisking constantly.
- Toss together fruit. Arrange over base. Pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
- Bake in a 350°F oven 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm.