Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am always on the look out for healthy desserts and found this one in some promotional literature that my husband brought home from Home Depot! It is double because it uses both fresh and dried cranberries. Wonderful with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- With a fork, work in the margarine until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Set aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, combine the pears and cranberries.
- Toss with the second quantity of brown sugar and the all-purpose flour to coat the fruit evenly.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the topping is golden brown.