Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (or a combination) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (or a combination)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange half of the tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 2-quart square casserole dish.
- Top with half the cheese, half the corn, half the green onion, half the chile peppers, and half the bell pepper.
- Repear layers.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and garlic salt together.
- Pour mixture over tortilla mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving; serve with salsa.