The Winning Recipe for 1992 in the San Francisco Chronicle, by Georgeanne Brennan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large fresh green chilies, roasted, peeled and seeded (such as Anaheim)
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 2 fresh ears of corn, kernels of (yellow or white)
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-inch-square baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- 2Place the chilies in a layer on the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese on top of them.
- 3Beat the egg whites until fluffy, but not stiff.
- 4In another bowl, mix together the egg yolks, corn kernels, cornmeal, flour, milk, sour cream and salt.
- 5Fold the whites gently into the yolk-flour mixture. Spoon over the cheese and peppers. Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and scatter over the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over all.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until all but the very center is set. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Corn Spoon Bread With Green Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 266.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g