Recipe by GrammaMikki
Found this recipe in a Redbook Magazine. Actually my granddaughter, Kayla, found it and begged me to cook it, so I did. It was wonderful. Will be making it again because we get tired of ordinary rice, noodles or potatoes. and because, well...it is WONDERFUL! By the way, for those, like me, who are not familiar with polenta, it is course grain corn meal like Albers. I sent my DH to the market to get a bag of dry polenta when I had a whole box of corn meal in the cupboard, lol.
Top Review by Linky
This was yummy! DH and I shared it as our main course, along with a lovely salad. I think I could have used some left over Easter ham, but I'd already bought the prosciutto, so...<br/>I went ahead and used the cornmeal I had on hand instead of "authentic" polenta and I added some garlic salt and pepper. Fast and easy dish! made for Spring 2013 PAC
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, milk and corn kernals in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in polenta until well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, parmesan cheese and prosciutto.