Recipe by JillAZ
This comes from a cookbook I have called "Easy Suppers". This has a spoonbread texture when it is baked. It is so flavorful and delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salsa, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 7-1/2" by 11-3/4" pan or 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl and beat lightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients except parmesan and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake until firm, about 40 minutes.
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.