Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
from faye levy, this is a nice dairy kugel
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- preheat oven to 350.
- mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- mix cheese, yogurt, sour cream and corn in a separate bowl.
- cream butter and sugar in a separate large bowl.
- add egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- add dry ingreds and cheese mixture alternately, mixing well.
- beat eggwhites and fold into batter.
- pour into a baking dish, bake 40 minutes until set.
I had never had Kugel before and now I'm a kugelholic! This made a nice moist corn dish with the consistency of cornbread. The sourcream and sweetness of the sugar and corn blended well together. I used fat free sour cream, fat free yogurt and reduced fat cottage cheese (and had a double helping for all the calories I saved) and the dish turned out splendid.