Recipe by Elmotoo
I have been making this for years - great use for leftover baked ham! I keep misplacing the recipe as I've changed it so I'm submitting it for safekeeping. Start with 1 batch of your favorite cornbread recipe!
- 3 cups corn
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 4 cups ham, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups scallions, chopped (1 bunch including white & green parts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cool cornbread completely on a wire rack, and crumble into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine corn, 3c broth, ham & seasonings in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove corn mixture from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1c broth with eggs.
- Combine the corn mixture, crumbled corn bread, scallions, cheese and egg with chicken broth in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into a 9x13" casserole coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.