A lightly chilled Oregon Pinot Noir would be a great choice to serve. Bon Apetit, 10/05.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- corn oil (for frying)
- 2Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- 3Whisk buttermilk and egg in small bowl to blend.
- 4Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, then stir in corn kernels, onion, and bell pepper (do not overmix).
- 5Pour enough oil into large skillet to coat bottom.
- 6Heat oil over medium heat.
- 7Working in batches, drop 1 scant tablespoon batter for each fritter into hot skillet; spread each to 2-inch round. Fry until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer to baking sheet. (Can be made ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours or cover and chill overnight. Bake uncovered in 350°F oven until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.).
- 9CREME FRAICHE:.
- 10Place crabmeat in medium bowl.
- 11Fold in creme fraiche, 1/4 cup chives, white pepper, and cayenne.
- 12Season with salt. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Stir before using.).
- 13Arrange warm fritters on platter.
- 14Top with crab mixture and garnish with additional chives.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Corn Fritters With Dungeness Crab Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g