Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lightly chilled Oregon Pinot Noir would be a great choice to serve. Bon Apetit, 10/05.
Make and share this Double-Corn Fritters With Dungeness Crab Creme Fraiche recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- corn oil (for frying)
- 6 ounces dungeness crabmeat, picked over, patted dry, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus
- additional chives (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in small bowl to blend.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, then stir in corn kernels, onion, and bell pepper (do not overmix).
- Pour enough oil into large skillet to coat bottom.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Working in batches, drop 1 scant tablespoon batter for each fritter into hot skillet; spread each to 2-inch round. Fry until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet. (Can be made ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours or cover and chill overnight. Bake uncovered in 350°F oven until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.).
- CREME FRAICHE:.
- Place crabmeat in medium bowl.
- Fold in creme fraiche, 1/4 cup chives, white pepper, and cayenne.
- Season with salt. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Stir before using.).
- Arrange warm fritters on platter.
- Top with crab mixture and garnish with additional chives.