Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and easy. May be served with maple syrup if you like them sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamed corn
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Mix corn and egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the corn; stir until moistened.
- Heat oil in pan, about 1/8 inch deep.
- Spoon batter into hot oil, fry until golden brown, approx 3 minutes per side.
Oh chia, I love fritters of any kind but esp corn ones. These are super. Fixed them with PanNans Fried chicken as long as I was in a fried food mode. When I drained them I rolled them in sugar, and we had them warm with honey butter. Yum Yum....TY
hi chia - these were such a hit with the residents' - they loved them! we seved them with cornish hens and a salad. we offered them powdered sugar, which they wanted instead of maple syrup. The cayenne pepper gave it that extra zing & they were fantastic! thanks for sharing another great recipe, Diane :)