Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Incredible-tasting cornbread recipe. This is great to make for family and guests. Especially useful if you have little time to prepare, as it is really easy to make
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml corn kernel (cooked or canned)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all ingredients into big bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 41/2-inch by 81/2 inch loaf pan.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden-brown.
This is a Southern-style cornbread featuring the whole grains, with a soft, moist texture as opposed to the fluffy, cake-like variety. The whole grains of corn mean that this cornbread should be refrigerated if not, preferably, served immediately. I was a little concerned about how to add the vinegar without activating the soda too soon or curdling the milk, but ended up dumping it in with the other liquid and all went well. Hearty, full-flavored man-fuel. Made for PAC.