1/1 Photo of Double-Corn Cornbread
Beth A.'s Note:
From America's Test Kitchen. I've had some cornbread that is almost cake-like and sweet. If that is what you're looking for, this is not it. This does have a very good, somewhat coarse texture. Perfect served up with your favorite chili! :) They recommended baking this in a cast-iron skillet, but I had very good results usimg a 9-inch round cake pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow or white)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- 3Pulse corn, sour cream, eggs, and hot sauce in food processor until corn is coarsely chopped and mixture is combined.
- 4Fold corn mixture into cornmeal mixture, then stir in melted butter.
- 5Add vegetable oil to 9-inch round cake pan, and place the pan in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- 6Take out of oven and quickly add batter; return pan to oven.
- 7Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- 8Cool cornbread in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Corn Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 395.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g