Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I hope to soon!
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 12 ounces corn kernels, drained or 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped canned green chili
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line muffins cups with paper liners.
- Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and sour cream in another bowl until smooth. Mix in butter. Stir in corn, cheese and chiles. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer moist in the center. Cool a few minutes before serving.
These were so flavorful with just the right amount of zip from the chilies. The whole family enjoyed them. Made for Dining Daredevils ZWT 5
Great muffins, the whole family loved them. Followed the recipe to a T and they turned out great, moist and just a tad spicey. Used Hatch NM chilies, yummy! Thanks
Michele, we loved these! The flavor is delicious, but not too sweet, and the corn is a delightful addition. But I think there might be a mistake in the recipe. When I got it put together, it was the consistency of cookie dough and very grainy. I added about a half cup of milk to turn it into more of a batter. I'll definitely make these again :) Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.