From Cooking Light December 2006
Make and share this Double Coconut Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine coconut milk, butter, and egg; stir well.
- Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Yum! We really enjoyed these pancakes. I made as written and then followed the other reviewer's suggestions by topping each pancake with some additional coconut. They are like coconut macaroon pancakes :-) We enjoyed the pancakes topped with sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. Thanks for posting the recipe!
Sorry the picture is so fuzzy, but the pancakes are AWESOME. I did follow 2hot2handle and added 1/4 cup of coconut as well as topping the cakes while cooking. Served with fresh hot coffee, butter and syrup on the side. So good, easy to prepare and differant from every day pancakes.
I had the most amazing coconut pancakes when I was in Hawaii and was searching for a recipe that came close, and this is it! I do confess to putting 1/4 cup of coconut into the batter and then sprinkling a bit more onto the top of each cooking pancake (adding a yummy toasted flavor). So my version is probably not as "light" as this one, but it sure was delicious. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!