Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light December 2006
Top Review by swissms
Yum! We really enjoyed these pancakes. I made as written and then followed the other reviewer's suggestions by topping each pancake with some additional coconut. They are like coconut macaroon pancakes :-) We enjoyed the pancakes topped with sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine coconut milk, butter, and egg; stir well.
- Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.