Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Martin Yan's Quick and Easy recipes.
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 13 1⁄2 ounces canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Place a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add flaked coconut and cook, stirring constantly, until coconut is toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan and let cool.
- Put eggs, coconut milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, and sugar in the jar of a blender and process briefly to combine.
- Pour mixture into a glass pie dish; cover dish with plastic wrap.
- Prepare a stir-fry pan for steaming.
- Place dish in steamer; steam, covered, over medium heat, until custard is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove dish from steamer and discard plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup toasted coconut over flan.
- Scoop into bowls and serve warm.