1/6 Photos of Double Coconut Cream Pie
The best coconut cream pie ever!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For filling, in a saucepan, combine the 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 2Remove the saucepan from heat.
- 3In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with a fork.
- 4Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot filling into yolks. Return all to saucepan.
- 5Bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from the heat.
- 6Stir in the 3/4 cup coconut, the butter and vanilla. Pour filling into baked piecrust.
- 7For meringue, in a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 1/4 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form (tips stand straight)and sugar dissolves.
- 8Immediately spread meringue over hot filling
- 9in piecrust, carefully sealing to edge of pastry to prevent shrinkage.
- 10Sprinkle the 1/4 cup coconut over the top.
- 11Bake the pie in a 350° oven for 15 minutes or till golden. Cool the pie completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
- 12Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Coconut Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 208.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g