1/8 Photos of Double Coconut Cake With Fluffy Coconut Frosting
1 hr 15 mins
Special occasion cake, great birthday cake! Edited from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
Fluffy Coconut Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat 2 (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray, dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- 3Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder,and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 4Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (for about 5 minutes).
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Stir in vanilla.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 9Sharply tap the pans once on countertop to remove air bubbles.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks, and remove from pans.
- 12Cool completely on wire racks.
- 13Place 1 cake layer on a plate, spread with 1 cup fluffy coconut frosting.
- 14Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut.
- 15Top with remaining cake layer, spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
- 16Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut over top of cake.
- 17Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
- 18Fluffy coconut Frosting:.
- 19Place egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 20Combine sugar and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 21Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238 degrees.
- 22Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin steam over egg whites, beating at high speed.
- 23Stir in extracts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Coconut Cake With Fluffy Coconut Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 234.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk