Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the back of the Kellogg's box . It is different than other baked chicken because it is dipped in batter and then rolled in cornflake crumbs producing an extremely crunchy chicken. I like to add some garlic powder to the batter and some smoked paprika to the flakes for an extra boost in flavor. I also suggest brining the chicken for four hours in 4 cups of water and a handful of kosher salt and a handful of white sugar. This makes your chicken very moist and flavorful and greatly improves the texture.
- 414.03 ml corn, flake crumbs
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1360.77 g chicken pieces
- 44.37 ml margarine or 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml smoked paprika
- Place corn flakes in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg and milk and mix slightly. Add flour, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Dip chicken in batter and roll in crumbs. Place in a shallow pan lined with foil or sprayed with Pam. Drizzle with margarine.
- Bake uncovered and do not turn chicken at 350 for about 45-60 minutes.
I have this many times and my family and friends loves the Chicken !!! So Delish !!!
FIVE STAR RECIPE ALERT!
Love the crunch, with the subtle breading backround! I used boxed Corn Flake Crumbs and this chicken turned out awesome~added the garlic powder too! 45 minutes and it was perfection!
Thank you for sharing this stellar recipe for chicken Pots! :)
Best one yet. Easy to prepare and the crunch and taste is out of this world! Definitely a A recipe!