Recipe by Pot Scrubber
This recipe is from the back of the Kellogg's box . It is different than other baked chicken because it is dipped in batter and then rolled in cornflake crumbs producing an extremely crunchy chicken. I like to add some garlic powder to the batter and some smoked paprika to the flakes for an extra boost in flavor. I also suggest brining the chicken for four hours in 4 cups of water and a handful of kosher salt and a handful of white sugar. This makes your chicken very moist and flavorful and greatly improves the texture.
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn, flake crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn flakes in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg and milk and mix slightly. Add flour, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Dip chicken in batter and roll in crumbs. Place in a shallow pan lined with foil or sprayed with Pam. Drizzle with margarine.
- Bake uncovered and do not turn chicken at 350 for about 45-60 minutes.