Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe off a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes.
- 7 cups corn flakes, crushed to 1 3/4 cups
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Place corn flakes in shallow dish or pan; set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt and pepper; mix until smooth.
- Dip chicken in batter; coat with cereal.
- Place in single layer, in foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with margarine.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.
This is VERY crunchy chicken! I like it like that. The batter needs some flavor so I add some garlic powder and smoked paprika. I also brine my chicken in 4 cups of water with a handful of kosher salt and a handful of white sugar for four hours. Give this recipe a try it is delicious.
We liked how crunchy this came out - maybe too crunchy - I might crush the flakes in the food processor next time (7 cups made more than 1 3/4 cups crushed). My son thought is was a little bland, so I might add some poultry seasoning too. Otherwise, a good find for changing up the same old chicken. Thanks! Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted!