This is my adaptation/combination of several different zucchini muffin recipes. It's flexible and invites substitutions - yellow squash for the zucchini, different proportions of white and whole wheat flour, stir in walnuts instead of the chocolate chips, etc. etc. Make it your own!
- Stir together whole wheat flour, white flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground flax.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add the eggs and soured milk to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold liquid ingredients into the flour mixture.
- When flour mixture is becoming moistened, fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. Let cool briefly in pan, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely. These freeze wonderfully, just pack into a sealable plastic bag when room temperature and place in freezer.