1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Jessi L's Note:
This is my adaptation/combination of several different zucchini muffin recipes. It's flexible and invites substitutions - yellow squash for the zucchini, different proportions of white and whole wheat flour, stir in walnuts instead of the chocolate chips, etc. etc. Make it your own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together whole wheat flour, white flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground flax.
- 2In a separate bowl, cream together butter, oil, and sugar.
- 3Add the eggs and soured milk to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- 4Fold liquid ingredients into the flour mixture.
- 5When flour mixture is becoming moistened, fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- 6Pour into greased muffin tin.
- 7Bake for 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. Let cool briefly in pan, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely. These freeze wonderfully, just pack into a sealable plastic bag when room temperature and place in freezer.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g