Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are a great way of sneaking a vegetable into your baking. You will not taste the shredded zucchini in this recipe. The Zucchini provides moisture to this cookie and make these cookies soft and almost muffin like. These cookies will not be like your standard drop cookie, these will be a rounded soft cookie. Give these a chance, you won't be sorry in the end.
- Combine zucchini, brown sugar, baking soda and margarine.
- Mix egg and vanilla into zucchini mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Chill dough 1 hour in the refridgerator.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes --
- Do not overbake, these will be soft to the touch but, will firm after sitting.
YUMMY!! These are so chocolaty and delicious!
I used a little over 1/2 cup of pecan pieces instead of the 1 cup of walnuts. I also used 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 all-purpose flour. I kept the dough in the fridge between baking. Baking time was 9 minutes in my oven. Recipe yielded 3 dozen cookies. My family and friends all loved them.
These were excellent! They have such a low calorie count but totally satisfy my chocolate craving. Their soft cake-like texture is great and really highlights the crunch of the nuts. The zucchini sneaks in and donates only the moisture with no stringiness or odd vegetable flavor. Adding to my cookbook for sure!
These had great flavor. I used white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. I liked the cookies without nuts which is odd because I love nuts but these tasted better to me without. DD who is 2 also really liked these with and without nuts.